Shinobue FAQ: Common Questions & Challenges for Fue-Playing
Instructor: Heidi Chan
August 21 // 10:00 AM - 12:30 PM
This workshop addresses some common questions and challenges among entry-level fue players through learning and exploring an open-source or original composition (piece to be determined).
Some questions covered in this workshop include (but are not limited to):
- why do my lower pitches sound weak?
- why do I run out of breath easily?
- how can I ornament or add variety to my playing?
- how can I play faster/develop speed?
- how do I practice improvisation?
Participants are invited to bring in additional questions to the workshop for collective discussion and exploration.
We will be using a #8 shinobue for this workshop, but players who do not own a #8 fue are still welcome to participate. Fue will be available for rent or purchase at registration.
Workshop 4C - Shinobue FAQ: Common Questions & Challenges for Fue-Playing